CN Tower Donations and Fundraising Program
As an important Toronto landmark and internationally recognized Canadian icon, the CN Tower realizes the importance of giving back to its communities as a responsible corporate citizen.
For years, the CN Tower has supported a number of recognized charitable causes through its extensive ongoing initiatives including two annual stair climb events and donations.
Each year, the CN Tower hosts only two annual fundraising stair climbs, one in the spring for the WWF–Canada supporting the fight against climate change and one in the fall for the United Way of Greater Toronto in support of its many community-based agencies. Combined, these two events attract over 20,000 participants and raise over $2.5 million each year.
Note: The CN Tower is committed to these two stair climb events only at this time and will not consider any other requests.
For many years, the CN Tower has supported local and regional fundraising efforts through its donations program. Due to the volume of requests, please note the following policies and procedures when submitting a request.
How to Apply
How to Apply
All requests must:
·Be received at least 8-12 weeks in advance of the event date.
·Be in writing on organization letterhead.
·submitted by fax, email or regular mail (no phone calls)
·Indicate name of Charitable Organization and Charitable Registration Number.
·Identify location and description and date of event
·Indicate contact name, phone number and mailing address.
Note: Requests which do not include the above information will not be considered.
The CN Tower will only consider requests from registered charitable organizations.
Occasionally donations may be offered to organizations raising funds for registered charities at the discretion of the CN Tower.
The CN Tower does not provide donations to:
- Individual requests
- Political, fraternal or social organizations
- Religious organizations (except where they represent non-denominational community and social support groups)
- Sporting events or teams
- 2 CN Tower tickets
- We are unable to donate EdgeWalk tickets, merchandise or gift certificates.
- 45 Donations are allotted monthly at the discretion of the CN Tower.
- Due to the volume of requests the CN Tower is not able to honour all requests received in any given month.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Only requests received by email will receive a confirmation of receipt.
- Successful applicants will receive their donation by mail no less than one month prior to the event date.
- Requests received less than 6 weeks prior to an event may not qualify for a donation.
- Organizations may only receive one donation per calendar year(this does not apply to different chapters or regional groups of the same charitable organization).
Where to send Requests
- Please note that we do not accept requests or inquiries about the status of a request by phone.
- Requests can be sent by email, fax or by regular mail only to:
The CN Tower – Donations
301 Front St. W
If you are a registered charity and are inquiring about more than 4 tickets for a special group visit, please contact our Sales Department at email@example.com